CreditLine staff members are professionally qualified, experienced Financial Counsellors. They are accredited members of the Financial Counsellors Association of NSW, Inc (FCAN). All CreditLine Financial Counsellors regularly attend annual state conferences, monthly FCAN meetings, training, and case conferences/supervision. Through FCAN, they participate in the process to bring about social change through legislative reform and through encouraging ethical financial industry practices. Wesley Mission also provides regular internal training, group/individual case supervision, monthly staff meetings and case conferences to maintain professional service towards our clients.
Become a volunteer counsellor
Volunteers have been an important part of CreditLine for many years. They are involved in a range of activities, including volunteer counselling.
Volunteering for CreditLine has substantial rewards:
- you will become part of a team of experienced and dedicated people, working as part of a large and long-established financial counselling agency
- you will gain many new skills, and receive training to complement the existing skills you bring to CreditLine
Accreditation as a financial counsellor involves a number of steps:
- applicants need to hold a recognised general counselling qualification approved by the state association
- they need to have successfully completed a financial counselling training course, incorporating a minimum 100 hours of face-to-face counselling and approximately 200 additional hours of assignment work
- they then need to have completed six months of financial counselling under supervision of an accredited financial counsellor
- finally, to apply for accreditation through the state association, they need to sit an oral examination covering the key competences of financial counsellor and a written case study exam
Successful applicants receive accreditation for one year. Annual accreditation is maintained by completing 20 hours per year of advanced training, five hours of which must be in counselling skills.
If you are interested in becoming a financial counsellor, call 1800 808 488.
To make an appointment for one-on-one financial counselling, call (02) 9951 5544.
For general information on volunteering, visit Wesley Mission.