Wesley Mission Newcastle and Central Coast Counselling Service
Who are we?
We provide a wide variety of psychological and support services to residents of the Hunter and Central Coast. Our team consists of seven counsellors and psychologists who collectively have a broad range of experience and expertise.
What do we do?
We provide our clients with high-quality, professional counselling in a confidential and supportive environment. We also strive to raise community awareness of the issues and impact associated with problem gambling. Volunteers can get involved if they have a Diploma of Counselling (minimum accreditation).
We provide our clients with high quality, professional counselling in a confidential and supportive environment.
Our range of counselling services includes:
- free counselling for anybody in the community who is affected by problem gambling
- general counselling services at competitive rates, including relationships/couples counselling, drug and alcohol counselling, trauma and abuse counselling, depression and anxiety counselling, and stress management
- free educational support groups for problem gamblers and their families
- counselling for homeless people
- educational seminars for clients
- educational seminars and forums for the community and local clubs
- employee assistance counselling for staff from a number of local clubs
Do I need a Referral?
A formal written referral is not required. Simply telephone the Newcastle office on (02) 4915 3688 or the Central Coast office on (02) 4351 0116.
Most referrals are by word of mouth and via the Yellow Pages. Other clients are referred by the NSW government’s G-line service for problem gamblers, by other community agencies and by medical professionals.
Support is provided by a number of organisations, including:
- Responsible Gambling Fund
- Wests Hospitality Group (Wests and the Phoenix Club)
- South Leagues Club
- Wyong Rugby League Group (Wyong Rugby League Clubs, Wallarah Bay Recreational Club, Wyong Bowling Club and Budgewoi Soccer Club)
- Doyalson RSL Club
To find out more, contact:
15 Denison Street
Newcastle West NSW 2302
Ph. (02) 4915 3688
Central Coast Office
3/5 Colony Close
Tuggerah NSW 2259
Ph. (02) 4351 0116
If you are in the Sydney area and need information on our counselling services, please visit our website.