Aftercare Coordinator - Coffs Harbour
- full-time position
- location: Coffs Harbour NSW
- attractive salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the program
Wesley LifeForce Aftercare is a new initiative currently being piloted by Wesley Mission in the Coffs Harbour region. This self-funded initiative aims to provide quality, assertive and rapid support to individuals who are experiencing suicidal distress and present to emergency departments at hospitals. Through a variety of non-clinical, clinical and flexible community-based supports, the program works in partnership with individuals and their families to connect with services and the broader community to enhance wellbeing and reduce suicide.
About the role
The Aftercare Coordinator is a critical leadership role which will oversee the implementation, delivery and continual refinement of the Wesley LifeForce Aftercare Service pilot program. As a clinically trained and experienced Aftercare specialist, the Aftercare Coordinator will have skills in suicide prevention, grief and loss, crisis support and trauma informed practise frameworks. The role will work alongside individuals and their families to achieve their wellness goals and reduce suicidality. Whilst pre-dominantly assisting clients through coordinating and facilitating connections within the community, the Aftercare coordinator will be required to undertake client assessments, co-facilitate support groups for people impacted by suicide and carry a small caseload of clinically supported clients.
- degree in Social Work or Psychology and have membership or be eligible for membership within the regulatory body of their relevant discipline
- demonstrated experience managing suicide prevention and/or mental health programs, including the line management of staff
- trained and experienced aftercare specialist with skills in suicide, grief and loss, crisis support, trauma and stakeholder engagement
- knowledge of mental health and intervention options as it relates to people experiencing suicidal distress and/or mental health, inclusive of skills in counselling practices and methods
- proven ability to engage and develop effective relationships with government and community stakeholders
- demonstrated ability to achieve program outcomes and key performance indicators
- demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities within a high-stress environment
- demonstrated ability to seek supervision and assistance when negotiating complex and unprecedented tasks
- firm understanding of WH&S
- current Australian driver’s licence
- high-level office computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office.
- experience delivering mental health training
- experience working within a complex case management environment.
Friday 23 April 2021, by 5 pm.
For further information please contact James Bell on 1800 100 024.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.