Assistance with Care and Housing Caseworker - North West Sydney
Wesley Community & Family Care
- full-time position
- working across North West Sydney
- salary + fully maintained vehicle + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Assistance with Care and Housing (ACH) program assists older people, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, to remain in the community through accessing appropriate, sustainable and affordable housing. It also functions to link them to community care (and other support services) in order to meet their immediate and ongoing needs.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Caseworker to work across North West Sydney. This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to join a committed organisation that is well respected in the sector.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as a range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits.
Preferred applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children’s Check verification and Criminal Record History Check.
To be successful in this position, candidates must possess the following:
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and Deed ministry
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relates well to a range of people with sound listening and problem solving skills
- confident professional with strong initiative and business acumen
- displays emotional maturity and resilience
- tertiary qualifications in Aged Care, Disability, Social Science, Social Work or related fields
- at least 2 years’ experience working with vulnerable clients with complex needs
- extensive knowledge of aged care services
- committed to the implementation of positive support practices and person-centred approaches
- working knowledge of MAC system and experience maintaining electronic files
- experience in monitoring and reporting behavioural or health changes
- communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse range of people
- ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- current driver’s license and Working with Children Check
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 5, with capacity for salary packaging and the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
Wednesday 31 July 2019, by 5pm.
Please email your most recent resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria set out above to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.