Carer Recruitment Officer - Taree
Wesley Out of Home Care
- part-time position, 4 days per week
- based in Taree
- generous salary packaging
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This position, based in the Northern Region of NSW, offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to recruit, assess and train new foster carers, as well as offering existing foster carers ongoing training opportunities.
- degree in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology or other related discipline
- high-level of skill in assessment and analysis and ability to write complex reports at a very high professional standard
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability and interest in presenting training
- ability and willingness to develop professional partnerships, develop marketing strategies and facilitate awareness campaigns
- ability to work efficiently and productively in high demand environment with deadlines
- willingness to work flexible hours including some evening and weekend work
- current unrestricted driver’s license
- knowledge of the out-of-home care field
- experience in foster care assessment, training and recruitment preferably having used the Step by Step assessment tool and Shared Lives foster care training package
- preference for applicant to live in local area and have knowledge of local community
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHADS) with generous salary packaging opportunities.
Friday 17 July 2020, by 5pm.
To obtain additional information please contact by emailing
email@example.com or call 0418 211 922
Applications must address the selection criteria and be directed to:
Barbara Taylor - Manager Carer Recruitment Northern
Mail: PO Box 935, 75 Manning St Taree 2430, or emailed to
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.