Case Manager - Maitland
Wesley Aunties & Uncles
- full-time position
- based in Maitland and Taree
- fully maintained vehicle and salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Aunties & Uncles Program is a long term mentoring program that has been operating for 45 years. It matches at risk children with volunteer ‘Aunts & Uncles’ for weekend visits.
About the role
Wesley Aunties & Uncles are seeking a case manager to join their Wrap Around Out-of-Home Care team. This position offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to work with children, birth parents and foster carers and volunteers, as well as involvement in the recruitment, assessment and training of new volunteer mentor ‘Aunts & Uncles’.
An eligibility list may be created for future vacancies.
- degree in Social Work, Social Science, Social Welfare, Psychology or related discipline
- availability to work flexibility working hours including some evenings and weekends
- current unrestricted driver’s licence
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- demonstrated ability to write reports to a professional standard
- experience in out-of-home care, mentoring programs and working with volunteers
- previous experience working with children and families
- experience in case management
- experience in facilitating training and conducting assessments
Salary and conditions of employment are based on the SCHADS Award, Grade 5.
The agency provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development.
Monday 18 November 2019, by 5pm.
For further enquiries, please call Michelle Parrish on 9638 2480 or 0459 814 685
If you’re keen to work where you can really make a difference, please send your application including resume and cover letter addressing all selection criteria, to:
Michelle Parrish, Program Manager, Wesley Aunties & Uncles
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.