Case Manager - OOHC Maitland
Wesley Dalmar Children’s Services
- permanent full-time position
- based in Maitland
- generous salary packaging provisions
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Mission has a long established history in providing Out of Home Care (OOHC) across NSW. This position offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with children, birth parents and foster carers, as well as involvement in the recruitment, assessment and training of new carers.
- degree in Social Work, Social Welfare, Psychology or related discipline
- experience working within the Permanency Support Program framework
- available to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- current unrestricted driver’s licence
- excellent verbal and written skills, with the demonstrated ability to write reports to a professional standard
- experience working with children and families and/or in the OOHC field
- previous experience in Case Management
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office suite of applications
- demonstrated conflict-resolution skills and experience managing difficult behaviours
- OOHC Restoration/Guardianship experience
- knowledge of and experience in Family Preservation frameworks
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010.
The agency provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development.
Friday 12 July 2019, by 5pm.
Please email a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the essential selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: PO Box 159, Maitland, NSW 2320
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal history record check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.