Case Manager - Penrith
Wesley Brighter Futures
- full-time permanent position
- based in Penrith
- salary + car allowance + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission has a real mission: to reach out to a community with real needs. Through witness, work and with the help of supporters, we can turn lives around for good. As part of Wesley’s Family and Community Services group, the Brighter Futures program provides targeted support to vulnerable families with children aged 0-8 years to prevent them from escalating into the child protection system.
The Brighter Futures Early Intervention Program is a voluntary, child-focused program funded by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services. Its aim is to promote strong, functional and well-supported families within the community.
About the role
This is a role for people passionate about making a difference with vulnerable children and families. You will be joining an incredibly exciting team dedicated to making a difference. The position entails working at the coalface with complex-needs families, utilising an evidenced-based framework developed by Wesley Mission. This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to join a committed team that is well-respected in the sector. If you are hard-working, passionate and skilful at reflective practice we welcome your application.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits. This is a child-related position and preferred applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check and criminal record history check.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
- at least 2 years’ experience working with families and in the identification and analysis of safety and wellbeing concerns for children
- experience in assessment-based tools
- demonstrated ability to engage families at the point of initial service contact, build relationships of trust and cooperation and in problem solving and support planning
- high-level ability to liaise, network and maintain solid working relationships with a variety of individuals
- high-level written and verbal communication skills
- cultural competence and experience working alongside Culturally & Linguistically Diverse and Aboriginal families
- high-level self-management, critical-analysis and organisational skills
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with children and families experiencing stressors, including domestic violence, child-protection issues, parent drug and alcohol misuse, parenting skills, child-behaviour management, learning difficulties, parental mental health and social isolation
- current NSW or National driver’s licence
- working knowledge of the local child and family support sector for the area which you are applying
- experience in SafeCare delivery, or other evidence-based parenting programs
- experience in managing electronic files and databases
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 5, with capacity for salary packaging and the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
Friday 30 August 2019, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact: BrighterFuturesRecruitment@wesleymission.org.au
Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.