CASE MANAGER - Sydney CBD
Wesley Specialist Homelessness Services
- Sydney City location
- SCHADS Award
- Salary Packaging available
What you need to know
- The Alliance Advisory Group (AAG) is a special purpose consortium of five agencies – Women’s and Girls’ Emergency Centre (WAGEC) (Lead Agency), Stepping Out Program, Wesley Mission, Jewish House and St Vincent de Paul Society NSW Support Services.
- The purpose of our consortium is to strengthen collaboration and coordination of families experiencing homelessness.
- The Alliance is ethical, generous, respectful, committed and operates with integrity. Professional development of our people is important and the Alliance is committed to providing opportunities that support their roles.
- Wesley Mission is a partner to this contract and is seeking an experienced Case Manager for their women’s team based in the Sydney City area.
- Wesley Mission employs a case manager for this contract and provides overall support to the case manager. WAGEC Practice Managers provide day-to-day direction and support.
The task at hand
Wesley Mission’s case managers collaborate with the lead agency, WAGEC, and alliance members to support women and women with children. At the direction of WAGEC Practice Managers, our case managers provide support to families within transition accommodation, and outreach assistance and safe houses for women with children leaving domestic and family violence.
Clients are the centre of the Alliance’s work, decisions and communication, and the collective practice seeks to minimise further impacts of trauma.
We understand the breadth of social and community housing to ensure families who are or at risk of homelessness are housed and supported to maintain tenancies.
We identify other agencies to support the case plan that captures the various needs and diversity of families accessing this service.
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will be someone who can work in a dynamic environment, understands the needs of families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and is experienced with the various interventions available within the Specialist Homelessness Sector.
You will be an experienced female case manager or Social Worker to represent Wesley Mission in the WAGEC Women’s team. Additionally, you will have the capacity to participate in an on-call roster.
Communication, care and the ability to collaborate will support you in this role as will your desire to care for yourself whilst working with complex issues. You will have excellent computer skills and the ability to undertake the necessary administrative tasks that are essential in this role.
We consider that on the job experience, life experience and educational qualifications may all be relevant.
You will also have the right to work in Australia.
What to do next
A position description that gives you details on the responsibilities and key criteria is available on request
In a cover letter, we’d like to hear more about your values, skills and experience, and how they align to this important role. Your resume should also be attached to give us a sense of your work history and qualifications.
If you would like further information relating to this position please email us at [email protected] or contact Vanessa on 0409 039 744.
The Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a diverse workplace. We invite people from Indigenous communities, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, applicants with disabilities and applicants with a broad range of experience relevant to our service are encouraged to apply.
Being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification within section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act. All positions are subject to a Criminal History and Working with Children Check.
Please send a current resume and cover letter to [email protected]