Case Worker - Blacktown
Wesley Brighter Futures
- full time 38 hours a week
- based in Blacktown
- salary + car allowance + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
As part of Wesley’s Family and Community Services group, the Brighter Futures program provides targeted support to vulnerable families with children aged 0-8 years to prevent them from entering or escalating into the child protection system. The Brighter Futures Early Intervention Program is funded by NSW Family and Community Services and is a voluntary, child focused program. Brighter Futures aims to promote strong, functional and well supported families within the community.
About the role
We are currently seeking multiple case workers to work across the Cumberland, Blacktown and Nepean areas. This role will primarily be based in Blacktown. This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for experienced professionals to join a committed team. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as a range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits. This is a child-related position and preferred applicants will be required to undergo a working with children’s check and criminal record history check.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
- at least 2 years’ experience in working with family, that involves the identification and analysis of safety and wellbeing concerns for children
- experience in assessment based tools
- demonstrated ability to engage families at the point of initial service contact, build relationships of trust and cooperation, problem solve and support planning
- high level ability to liaise, network and maintain solid working relationships with a variety of individuals
- high level written and verbal communication skills
- cultural competence and experience working alongside culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities and Aboriginal families
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with children and families experiencing stressors, including DV, child-protection issues, drug & alcohol misuse, parenting skills, child behaviour management, learning difficulties, mental health and social isolation
- Current NSW or National driver’s licence.
- working knowledge of the local child and family support sector for the area which you are applying
- experience in SafeCare delivery, or other evidence based parenting programs
- experience in managing electronic files and data bases
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 5, with capacity for salary packaging and the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
Wednesday 30 January 2019
Please submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your resume with current referees and an Application for Employment Form to: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.