Caseworker - Blacktown
Wesley Brighter Futures Blacktown
- permanent full-time position
- based in Blacktown and working in the Cumberland, Blacktown and Nepean areas.
- salary SCHADS Level 5 + car allowance + super + salary packaging
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
The Brighter Futures program provides targeted support to vulnerable families with children aged 0-8 years to prevent them from escalating into the child protection system. We are currently seeking caseworkers to work across the Cumberland, Blacktown and Nepean areas.
About the role
We are looking for outstanding caseworkers who are conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. These roles are based in Blacktown. As a caseworker you will be working with a team of exceptional professionals who practise within an evidenced-based framework.
All staff at Brighter Futures work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision, support and training for all staff.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
- minimum 2 years’ experience in working with vulnerable families experiencing stressors, including domestic violence, child protection issues, parent drug and alcohol misuse, parenting skills, child behaviour management, learning difficulties, parental mental health and social isolation
- experience in assessment-based tools
- ability to engage families at point of unexpected initial contact
- experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal families
- current NSW or National driver’s licence.
- knowledge of the local child and family support sector for the area which you are applying
- experience in SafeCare® delivery, or other evidence-based parenting programs
- experience in managing electronic files and databases
Wednesday 22 July 2020, by 5pm.
Interviews will be held at Blacktown on Tuesday 28 July 2020.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
Preferred applicants will be requested to undergo an online psychometric test, prior to interview. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number).