Caseworkers: Brighter Futures Program - Various Locations
- Permanent full-time positions
- Salary SCHADS Level 5, Pay Point 1 + Car Allowance + Super + Salary Packaging
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
The Brighter Futures program provides targeted support to vulnerable families with children aged 0-8 years to prevent them from escalating into the child-protection system.
We are looking for outstanding caseworkers who are conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. As a caseworker you will be working with a team of exceptional professionals who practise within an evidenced based framework.
We are currently seeking caseworkers to work across our Local Government Areas - Nepean Blue Mountains, Blacktown, Parramatta and Holroyd.
All staff at Brighter Futures work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision, support and training for all staff.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science or related fields
- minimum 2 years’ experience in working with vulnerable families experiencing stressors, including domestic violence, child protection issues, parent drug and alcohol misuse, parenting skills, child behaviour management, learning difficulties, parental mental health and social isolation
- experience in assessment-based tools
- ability to engage families at point of unexpected initial contact
- experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal families
- current NSW or National driver’s licence.
- knowledge of the local child and family support sector for the area which you are applying
- experience in SafeCare® delivery, or other evidence-based parenting programs
- experience in managing electronic files and databases.
If you have any queries, please contact BrighterFuturesRecruitment@wesleymission.org.au
Closing date: Wednesday 4 November 2020.
Interviews will be held at Penrith: Wednesday 18 November 2020.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 5 Pay Point 1.
Please find a copy of the SCHADS Award 2010 here: http://awardviewer.fwo.gov.au/award/show/MA000100
Please find an Application Pack, including Position Description below.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
Preferred applicants will be requested to undergo an online psychometric test, prior to interview. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.