Casual Youth Workers - Taree
Wesley Dalmar Taree
- casual positions providing 1:1 care for young people
- located in Taree
- join an exciting and innovative new program supporting young people transitioning from ACA’s back in to foster care or semi-independent living
- flexible hours including overnight shifts and weekends
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the program
Alternative Care transition is an innovative accommodation program supporting young people transitioning from alternative care arrangements back in to foster care or semi-independent living. As the casual Youth Worker, you will provide 1:1 support to a female young person as they move in to semi-independent living. This is a new programme that is expected to expand across the Mid North Coast and as far as Ballina.
About the role
We are currently seeking a pool of casual staff who will initially provide 1:1 support for a young person in their own accommodation as they transition to semi-independent living.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that will be on a largely weekend rotating roster. Hours of work are flexible.
- completed or working towards Cert IV in Youth Work or similar field
- availability to work flexible hours including shift work, weekends and sleep-overs
- current unrestricted driver’s licence
- current First Aid Certificate
- current Working with Children Check.
- experience in Out of Home Care
- previous employment in Youth Work
- ability to work as a part of a team and independently.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 3 Pay Point 1, plus casual loading.
Monday 7 December 2020, by 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0400 546 786
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.