Centre Manager, Lifeline Sydney & Sutherland - Sydney CBD
Lifeforce Service Branch
- full-time role
- based in the Sydney CBD
- flexible hours and work arrangements, with on call duties
- generous salary packaging provisions
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Mission has long been a leader in the suicide prevention field, establishing the first Lifeline centre in 1963. Oversee the operations and delivery of one of Australia’s largest Lifeline call centres.
About the role
This is a critical role, overseeing the provision of training and support to Lifeline Crisis Supportors who operate the National 13 11 14 Crisis Support and Suicide Prevention call service. The role includes leading and managing a team of Trainer Assessors, clinically trained Crisis Support Supervisors and other administration and support staff. You will provide support to volunteers and oversee the day to day operations of the Lifeline Sydney and Sutherland Centre across two office sites. You will have strong leadership skills and a passion for suicide prevention.
- completed tertiary studies in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or related human services field
- clinical membership of a Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) member association, Australian Association of Social Workers or associate membership of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) or relevant peak body
- experience managing a counselling and/or crisis support service (or similar)
- demonstrated counselling experience
- demonstrated experience in providing supervision to counsellors and /or intern psychologists
- demonstrated business development skills and experience
- demonstrate a commitment to the vision, mission and Christian principles of Wesley Mission which support a values driven service culture
- demonstrated ability to work in a team and relate easily to people at all levels in the organisation
- demonstrated experience working in a busy administration office with non-routine workflows
- experience overseeing accredited and non-accredited training programs
- high-level office computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted Health and Travel Insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging
Monday 22 July 2019, by 9am
For inquiries relating to this role, please contact James Bell, Group Manager of LifeForce Services on 1800 100 024
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter addressing both the essential and desirable criteria to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.