Chaplain, Wesley Service Delivery - Mid North Coast
Wesley Congregational Life
- part-time, 3 days per week
- operating between Taree and Port Macquarie
Wesley Mission is a uniquely shaped church. The people who make up our congregational life come from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. They include recognised leaders in Australian society as well as those who live at society’s margins. Our Christ-centred faith is lived out in Word and deed, particularly through our community services in such areas as homelessness services, aged care, suicide prevention, child and family services, disabilities services, mental health and youth services.
About the role
The focus of this full-time role is to provide Pastoral Care for clients and staff of Wesley Mission’s community service programs operating between Taree and Port Macquarie. Another key priority is to grow chaplaincy support by connecting and equipping local communities to take part in this vital ministry.
The successful candidate for this role will have the following:
- Pastoral Care and chaplaincy experience especially among those who are hurt, disadvantaged, oppressed or marginalized
- Theological qualification, e.g., Bachelor of Theology or equivalent
- Pastoral Care and or Counselling qualification, e.g., one or more units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or equivalent
- working knowledge of reflective practice within pastoral ministry
- experience in providing pastoral care to clients and staff in a community services context
- experience working in a dynamic environment across ethnic, socio-economic and theological contexts.
- able to provide Pastoral Care and support in crisis situations to clients and staff
- ability to build missional networks and collaborative relationships in a diverse setting
- passion for working with the vulnerable and marginalised of our society
- resilient, flexible and able to remain calm in challenging situations
- respects and maintains a high level of confidentiality where appropriate
- highly organized, flexible and adaptable
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- innovative approach to problem solving and commitment to follow through
- effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- demonstrated competence working in groups with people who lack interpersonal skills
- excellent written and oral skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- outstanding interpersonal skills, flexible, patient, and ability to relate well to all levels of society with which Wesley Mission interacts
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- understanding and commitment to the vision, mission and Christian principles of Wesley Mission and its Word and deed ministry
- commitment to and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ together with suitable knowledge, understanding and formal training of the Christian faith
- strong grounding in the Word of God
- knowledge and understanding of safe work health and safety practices.
- hold and continue to hold a WWCC issued by the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian
- hold and continue to hold an entitlement to work in Australia
- holds a current NSW driver’s license.
Friday 21 May 2021, by 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Mrs Elizabeth Freeman
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. This role is only offered to citizens & permanent residents of Australia.