Child and Family Health Nurse - Liverpool
Mums and Kids Matter
- part-time position (30.4 hrs per week)
- offices based in Liverpool
- residential role
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the program
Mums & Kids Matter is a Wesley Mission program that supports mothers living with stable and managed mental illness by promoting healthy attachment, building parenting skills as well as psychosocial skills.
About the role
We are looking for a registered and highly skilled Child and Family Health Nurse experienced in working with vulnerable families. The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team that delivers a 24-hour residential service.
As a member of a larger multidisciplinary team, your key role will be to provide parenting support to mothers for issues such as infant feeding, sleep and settling, family routines and to help facilitate parenting groups (Tuning into Kids, Circle of Security or Marte Meo).
The role is an exciting hands-on parenting and mother craft coaching for mums parenting children aged 0-5 years.
- tertiary qualifications Nursing or Midwifery with membership of an appropriate professional body (AHPRA)
- experience in working with families in the health/welfare sector or mother and baby unit with the ability to assess and assist parents with early parenting and infant/early childhood challenges such as sleep, settling, feeding and behavioural difficulties
- community child and family health experience
- strong knowledge of theory and practice of early childhood development and early parenting including knowledge and application of attachment theory
- knowledge and commitment to working in person centred recovery-oriented approach
- excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills – including diplomacy, the ability to be adaptable, self-motivated and demonstrate empathy towards others
- flexibility to cover the 7-day roster will be required
- must hold a current unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
- understanding of child protection issues
- specialised knowledge of healthy childcare development and behaviour
- demonstrated experience assessing for perinatal and infant mental health
- care coordination/case management
- knowledge of attachment theory
- knowledge of circle of security, Marte Meo or Tuning into Kids
- perinatal mental health nursing experience
- experience with child developmental assessments
- experience with teaching parenting skills
- experience working with families (including children 0-5).
- maintain professional competency standards of child and family nursing practice
- knowledge of current family and child health evidence-based practices and policies
The salary range for this position is in accordance with the Nurses Award (2010) Level 2 plus an above award component to match other awards used in NSW for comparable levels.
- Attractive tax saving salary packaging, sacrifice up to $15,900 of your yearly income
- superannuation is paid in addition, at 9.5%
- access to discounted Bupa health and travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- study leave and financial assistance through our Educational Assistance Scheme for eligible staff
- access to free personal and professional support program
Friday 12 June 2020, by 5pm.
Please submit your application addressing all the selection criteria with your resume to Wendy Heslop (Team Leader) or Patricia Kralj (Program Assistant):
Phone: (02) 9608 9629
Phone: (02) 9608 9629
Please note: applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be accepted.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.