Children’s Ministry Director - City and Ryde
Wesley International Congregation
- part-time positions (20hrs/week)
- based in the Sydney CBD and Ryde
Wesley Mission is a uniquely shaped church. The people who make up our congregational life come from a wide range of cultural backgrounds. They include recognised leaders in Australian society as well as those who live at society’s margins. Our Christ-centred faith is lived out in Word and deed, particularly through our community services in such areas as homelessness services, aged care, suicide prevention, child and family services, disabilities services, mental health and youth services.
About the role
Wesley International Congregation is seeking two experienced Children’s Ministry Directors to lead our Children’s ministries in the Sydney CBD and Ryde area.
The successful applicants will lead a team of volunteer teachers, helpers, and leaders. They will share teaching and training responsibilities and work together to provide a curriculum and plan for the year, plan the annual Kingdom Kids Camp and be responsible for pastoral care for the families of the church.
The successful candidate for this role will:
- have a commitment to and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ together with suitable knowledge and understanding of the Christian faith
- have experience in children’s ministry with relevant qualifications
- have experience working with children or previous employment in a relevant field
- be a team player with effective personal time management, planning and control skills
- be attentive to detail and follow through on commitments
- be adaptable and flexible
- be committed to relationship building
- have a high level of energy and drive
- be creative, take initiative and have a willingness to try new things
Monday 25 November 2019, by 5pm.
Queries and applications can be addressed to:
Phone: (02) 9263 5446
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.