Client Services Team Member - Catering Cleaning & Laundry - Carlingford
- are you looking for a rewarding role where you can say ‘I made a difference today?’
- casual positions available
- warm and friendly team environment
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Rayward Carlingford
Wesley Rayward Carlingford is an exciting new aged care development within Wesley Mission. With 74 rooms equipped with the latest technology to assist with staff practices and care delivery, Wesley Rayward also boasts a 14-bed state-of-the-art dementia unit for safety and a specialised care.
About the role
Reporting to the Client Service Coordinator, you will be required to deliver exceptional service in catering for our residents. The job includes, preparation of salads and sandwiches, reheating food, following HACCP guidelines, cleaning of kitchens and interacting with the residents. The Cleaning and Laundry duties are also included as and when required for the operation. Training will be provided for the role. The candidate should be available to work on afternoons and weekend shifts when required.
As per government regulations, residential aged care workers must have received influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations as a condition of employment.
- experience as a hotel/domestic employee, preferably in an aged care environment
- strong work, health and safety focus
- exceptional customer service skills and ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- demonstrated knowledge and working experience within regulatory requirements
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high attention to detail
- passion and commitment to the aged care arena with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
For further enquiries or to apply, please send your resume and cover letter addressing the above selection criteria to:
Phone: (02) 9857 2800
Address: 3 Dalmar Place, Carlingford, NSW 2118
Applications Close: Friday 1 October 2021, by 5pm.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.