Community Engagement Coordinator - Sydney
Lifeline Sydney & Sutherland
- full-time 9mth contract role (maternity leave cover)
- based between Sydney CBD and Sylvania
- generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the role
We are looking for a people focused and operationally skilled person to join our Lifeline team. Lifeline volunteers answer calls on 13 11 14 and offer support to people in crisis. We are looking for team member to support our volunteer team and paid staff to ensure that we can give our callers the best support possible.
This role is a blend of volunteer engagement activities, which include: the coordination of events, phone and email communication, and day to day volunteer support.
The role also requires operational support for the paid staff at Lifeline Sydney & Sutherland. We need you to help us enhance and streamline our day to day processes and volunteer experience.
We want the right person to join our team!
Do you want to make operational improvements, help support technology advances, and provide people focused support? Would you like to be a part of a team whose primary goal is to help save lives and support people in crisis?
If so, please read on!
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- flexibility and ability to effectively manage changing priorities and deadlines
- excellent time management and a high level of organisation
- relevant qualifications or experience in community engagement, operations, business development or marketing
- cultural awareness, sensitivity and an understanding of issues impacting culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- effective report writing skills, including a high-level proficiency with developing excel templates and formulsappreciation of data integrity and its contribution to business outcomes
- experience in developing and implementing process improvement, including policy and procedures
- experience in facilitating community events and celebrations, which may include business meetings
- well-developed interpersonal skills with effective written and oral communication ability
- passion for suicide prevention
- passion for people and process.
- not-for-profit, mental health or suicide prevention related experience
- experience in working in a busy administration office with non-routine workflows.
- high-level computer skills, including the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- an understanding of issues facing rural and remote communities
- experience volunteering for or working with Lifeline 13 11 14.
Remuneration is in accordance with the position requirements and your experience. Generous salary packaging benefits are available.
Wednesday 30 September 2020, by 5pm.
To apply, please send your application letter addressing the selection criteria and current resume to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.