Community Relations Officer - Gifts in Wills
- full-time position
- work from home
- leading charity
- competitive salary package including fully maintained company vehicle
Wesley Mission is a high-profile, multifaceted charitable Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. This is an exciting time to join a team that is poised for growth with a focus on high-level strategy and income, aligning our requirements to meet our growing needs.
About the role
This role reports to the Gift in Wills Manager and is part of a wider team responsible for increasing the support of Wesley Mission within the community.
The Community Relations Officer is a member of the Gift in Wills team and will work to achieve business-plan goals and increase the number of interested, intended and confirmed bequestors, via a visitation program, ‘Wills days’, and our donor journey.
Operating within the overall Fundraising Strategy, this position is also responsible for building ongoing high-quality relationships with Wesley Mission centres, internal stakeholders, and donors, with the objective of increasing fundraising activities and the number of gifts in Wills.
Demonstrated behaviours for this role:
- the ability to “make the ask” in regards to gifts in Wills
- the skill to communicate diplomatically and sensitively with people of all ages, financial levels and social backgrounds
- a mature attitude and high ethical standards in dealing with sensitive financial and confidential matters
- excellent time-management, organisational and planning skills; the ability to follow through with all tasks
- unshakable drive and motivation to succeed
- thorough attention to detail
- the willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and deed ministry
- proven track record in securing bequests from individuals
- exemplary interpersonal skills, including listening, empathy, discretion, diplomacy and the ability to build and sustain relationships both face to face and over the phone
- highly developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the maturity and capacity to communicate with a diversity of audiences including donors, bequestors, legal representatives and internal stakeholders
- experience in developing and/or implementing an integrated bequest strategy
- experience working with Wills and Estate planning professionals
- high-level initiative and ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- sound knowledge in the use of a relationship management database
- current NSW driver’s licence
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- valid Working with Children Check
- not-for-profit or cause-related experience
- FIA/Fundraising qualifications
Friday 30 August 2019, by 5pm.
We would love to hear from applicants who embody the attributes and skills required to make this role a success. Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the key criteria and outlining your suitability to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.