Contact Worker - Coffs Harbour/Grafton
Wesley Dalmar Out of Home Care
- full-time role
- located in Coffs Harbour/Grafton
- lively and enjoyable work culture
- generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Contact Worker to join our dynamic Out-of-Home Care team in Coffs Harbour covering the NSW Mid North Coast.
About the role
Wesley Dalmar is an Out-of-Home Care (OOHC) agency that promotes the welfare and interests of children and their families by providing safe, stable and suitable foster care placements for children and young people (CYP) which best meet their day-to-day care and support needs.
To this end, the main responsibility of this role is to provide transport and supervision of CYP with their birth families and/or significant others.
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic, creative and fun team committed to the Wesley Mission vision, to “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can”.
- Higher School Certificate
- good written and oral communication skills
- flexibility to work evenings or weekends
- current NSW driver’s licence
- ability to liaise and work constructively with a group of clients, support personnel and other professionals
- computer proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- experience in managing difficult behaviours.
- previous experience in the out-of-home care field.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 4 Pay Point 1, plus superannuation and salary packaging.
Friday 2 October 2020, by 5pm.
If you have what it takes to make a success of this role we would love to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability by addressing the essential criteria. To enquire and submit an application, please contact:
Chantelle Van Wanrooy - Program Support Officer
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.