Contract Trainer & Assessor - Wollongong
Wesley Vocational Institute
- casual/ Contract positions
- based in Illawarra and Southern Area
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from hospitality, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Vocational Institute (RTO Code 90091) is seeking long term contract/casual trainer/assessors who are qualified to deliver and assess across the Illawarra and Southern region in the following industries:
- Leisure and Health
- Individual Support
- Ageing Support
- Community Services
Your understanding of the VET industry and experience in gathering quality evidence during the assessment process will enable you to hit the ground running with new and existing learning and assessment programs.
You will also be familiar with the challenges of delivering nationally accredited training in a range of different environments including the workplace, classroom, and via e-learning, and to a range of different client groups.
Your knowledge and understanding of the recognition process will allow you to consider a person’s existing set of skills and knowledge and you will be confident in designing a learning program that is flexible to each student’s needs.
- certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
- must hold the upgrade units TAELLN401 and TAEASS502
- minimum 3 years’ current industry experience
- related package qualifications relevant to industry (Leisure and Health, Individual Support, Disability, Ageing Support, Community Services)
- demonstrated experience delivering quality training and assessment in VET
- evidence of continuing professional development in industry area and VET
- current drivers licence and transport
- demonstrated knowledge of issues surrounding the establishment, design and coordination of accredited training compliant with ASQA.
Friday 3 May 2019, by 5pm
Please send your CV and a cover letter addressing essential criteria and an updated Trainer Matrix to:
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.