Contract Trainers and Assessors - Newcastle
Wesley Vocational Institute
- contract role
- based in Central Coast & Newcastle
- Individual Support (Ageing or Disability)
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Training is seeking long-term contract trainers, who are qualified to deliver and assess accredited training in Community Services, Individual Support (Ageing or Disability) at Newcastle and the Central Coast.
Your understanding of the VET industry and experience in gathering quality evidence during the assessment process will enable you to hit the ground running with new and existing learning and assessment programs.
You will also be familiar with the challenges of delivering nationally accredited training in different environments including the workplace and classroom, via e-learning, and to a range of client groups.
Your knowledge and understanding of the recognition process will allow you to consider a person’s existing set of skills and knowledge and you will be confident in designing a learning program that is adaptable to each student’s needs.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (must hold upgraded units TAELLN401 and TAEASS502 - must be supplied in application)
- currency within the Industry since 2017
- related package qualifications in the industry
- demonstrated experience delivering quality training and assessment in VET
- current driver’s licence and transport
- evidence of continuing professional development in industry area and VET for the next 12 months
- Trainer Matrix to be supplied (not supplied in application will not be reviewed)
Please email your current CV, cover letter addressing the essential criteria and updated Trainer Matrix via email to:
Applications not addressing all essential criteria or without a supplied Trainer Matrix will not be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.