Coordinator, Mental Health Nursing (Registered Nurse) - Liverpool
Wesley Mums & Kids Matter
- full-time permanent position
- based in Liverpool
- great career opportunity serving those most in need
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mums & Kids Matter is a ground breaking and exciting program at Wesley Mission that supports mothers who live with mental illness. The program is underpinned by a basic belief that retaining intact families, rather than having children placed in out of home care, is beneficial for the child, the mother, the immediate family and the wider community.
About the role
Wesley Mums & Kids Matter is currently looking for a qualified, skilled and experienced manager, who will support the Operations and Clinical Manager to execute the strategic plan, lead and develop a team of clinicians for superior performance and oversee the 24/7 nursing roster.
The person we are looking for understands the value of a person/family centred recovery approach and is able to work as part of a successful multi-disciplinary team.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Registered Nurse in NSW with current authority to practice
- demonstrated experience leading and developing a team for superior performance
- demonstrated experience assessing and working with the needs of clients with complex mental health problems
- knowledge and commitment to working in a person/family centred, recovery oriented approach
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- willingness to travel intrastate to rural/remote areas for overnight stays to support staff ‘on the ground’
- proficient skills in Microsoft Office
- must hold a current unrestricted NSW driver license
- understanding of child protection issues
- support the Operations and Clinical Manager to build a strong, unified team to deliver excellent services
- experience conducting intake assessments
- knowledge of NSW Local Health Districts and their mental health systems
- experience working with families (including children 0-5)
- very attractive salary package
- allocated fully maintained vehicle for personal and business use
- motor vehicle allowance option available
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- access to free personal and professional support program
- discounted health and travel insurance
Please submit a cover letter addressing all of the selection criteria with your resume and email to:
Phone: (02) 9608 9629
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.