Coordinator - Newcastle
Wesley Mission Newcastle Community Hub
- full-time position
- based in Newcastle
- fully maintained vehicle + salary packaging
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
The Wesley Mission Newcastle Community Hub at Newcastle provides a range of support services to the local community through established funded services, along with referral services. The hub operates on a “no wrong door” principle, where visitors, clients and other individuals can meet to obtain information on support services; receive assistance and to be connected with the right service to help.
The community hub provides an active role in the local community through awareness, fundraising, advocacy and local government lobbying and engagement.
About the role
Wesley Mission is seeking a Coordinator to join the Wesley Mission Newcastle Community Hub team, an exciting and new initiative with brand new offices. The position offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to work with the community, whilst connecting people in need from all cultural backgrounds and all walks of life to the appropriate services and support they require. The role acts as the key contact to support the delivery of an “end-to-end client experience"; to use insight gained through ongoing meaningful consultation with a range of local cultural groups, including but not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; to ensure the work environment is culturally supported and safe for stakeholders and to establish a relevant vibrant service that appropriately meets the needs of our local community.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Industry Award with generous salary packaging opportunities.
- a degree and substantial experience in community health, case management, social work or similar discipline; or lesser qualifications together with substantial experience attained through previous appointments; can demonstrate expertise and competence sufficient to perform the duties required for this role.
- business acumen/financial skills/entrepreneurial mindset
- experience working in a not for profit organisation with multidisciplinary teams
- demonstrated experience leading successful teams of paid and unpaid staff
- strong communication and interpersonal skills and capacity to deal with a range of stakeholders across varying levels within and external to the organisation (including people of all ages, local government, businesses, churches, service providers, people living with disability, and people from a range of cultural backgrounds). Skills will include sound customer service skills (warm and welcoming) facilitation, networking, influencing, confidence in public speaking, and the ability to exercise empathy discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive information, skills in handling difficult client situations
- intermediate to high computer, internet and digital media skills
- skills at managing and reporting data, systems and client records (e.g. Customer Relationship Management CRM)
Monday 30 September 2019, by 5pm
Please find a copy of the Position Description here.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter which addresses each of the Essential Criteria outlined in this advertisement. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0437 900 112
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
A special information session will be offered for applicants seeking assistance. Please contact Janice for details.