DBT Group Therapist - Ashfield
Wesley Hospital Ashfield
- casual position
- private psychiatric hospital day program, located at Ashfield
- friendly working environment
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
We are currently seeking the services of an experienced mental health clinician to work as a group therapist for our Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) outpatient therapy program.
This position involves facilitating an outpatient DBT Skills Training Evening Group in accordance to Marsha Linehan’s Model for DBT Treatment. You may also be asked to cover for staff on leave in the DBT Skills Training Full - Day programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- preparing group content to be covered,
- facilitate and ensure smooth running of the therapy group program,
- coordinate and work with students who might be on placement and
- updating progress notes and reports
- other administrative duties as required.
- available between the hours of 5:00pm – 9:30 pm on an evening (day of the week to be determined)
- ability to work as a team member
- at least two years’ experience facilitating a DBT skills training group program
- formal training in DBT
- relevant tertiary qualifications
- experience in group therapy
- current NSW Registration in appropriate mental health discipline.
- an understanding of evidence-based clinical practice
- good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- good organisational skills
- specific interest in working with people with Borderline Personality Disorder
- interest in and experience with other mindfulness based therapies such as ACT and MBSR.
- awareness of working within budgetary and system requirements
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission:
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted Health and Travel Insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
Salary and condition will be in accordance with the Wesley Mission Private Hospital Employees Award.
Please email a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information please contact:
Judy Chan - Mood Disorders Therapy Program, Therapy Team Coordinator.
Phone: (02) 9716 1472
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.