Director of Nursing - Expressions of Interest
Wesley Hospital Kogarah
- full-time position
- based in Kogarah
- Director of Nursing, 30 beds
- professional, caring and friendly team environment
About Wesley Mission
Wesley Mission has a real mission – to change the lives of those in need. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Hospital Kogarah has gained an excellent reputation in the private and public sector and is known for providing quality care and maintaining ethical values whilst operating as a commercial activity.
About the role
Kogarah Hospital is a 30 bed private psychiatric facility that treats mood disorders and addictions. The hospital provides an ECT service 3 times per week and runs approximately 6 day-programs per week.
In mid-July this year our long standing Director of Nursing will be retiring. We are now seeking expressions of interest for a successful replacement. Reporting directly to the Hospitals’ Operations Manager, Kogarah and Ashfield, this critical role requires leadership, direction and oversight of the nursing activities at Kogarah Hospital.
The role will ensure that all nursing activities at the hospital are performed in a safe, effective and efficient manner. Overseeing the management of patient admissions to ensure efficient, professional, safe and welcoming access to the hospital will also be a part of the role.
Importantly, the role will also be responsible for supporting a positive working culture at the hospital where nurses feel proud to be part of the team.
- current registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- at least 5 years’ post basic or post graduate nursing experience in an acute mental health setting
- experience in the position nursing unit manager or equivalent in a hospital
- financial management and KPIs
- demonstrated leadership and a consultative management style
- high level verbal and written communication skills
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- access to a free Personal and Professional Support program
- access to discounted Bupa Health and Travel Insurance
- Educational assistance scheme for eligible staff
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging - sacrifice up to $15,900 of your yearly income
Expressions of Interest close: Monday 6 May 2019 at 5pm
How to apply
For more information please contact Adam Goss on 0408 013 117 for a confidential discussion.
If you think you have what it takes for this role, email your CV addressing the full selection criteria above to: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.