Education Manager - Bella Vista
Wesley Out of Home Care
- full-time position, 9 month contract for maternity leave cover
- based in Bella Vista
- attractive salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This exciting position entails supporting children and young people in foster care to achieve their educational potential, co-ordinating a team of educational mentors while also offering direct support to foster care case managers and foster carers.
The Education Manager will be responsible for providing leadership to a team of Educational Consultants who provide educational support and tuition to children and young people in care and their foster carers.
The Education Manager will also be responsible for preparing annual budgets for the programme in consultation with the Operations Manager and ensuring that the programme operates within the agreed budget. In addition, the Education Manager will be proactive in identifying opportunities for growth and expansion of the service (including new areas of service delivery and research), and will initiate, support and encourage appropriate fundraising activities to augment capital and programme funding.
- tertiary qualifications in Primary or Secondary Education
- experience in working with children with behaviour difficulties
- understanding of the educational needs of children in care
- ability to provide leadership and supervision within a team setting
- experience in working with children and families in Out of Home Care
- current driver’s licence and willingness to drive and travel throughout the region
- qualifications in Special Education
- previous experience in educational management
- experience managing and maintaining budgets
An attractive salary package based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, plus fully maintained motor vehicle and generous salary packaging opportunities.
Friday 26 April 2019, by 5pm
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Kevin Mezzone - Operations Manager Wrap Around Services
Phone: 0423 024 195
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.