Education Mentor - Various Locations
Wesley Dalmar Education Services
- casual positions
- based in Beaumont Hills, Rouse Hill, Kellyville, Castle Hill, Dural and surrounding suburbs
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This exciting position entails supporting children and young people in foster care to achieve their educational potential. You would be working one to one with kindergarten to HSC students on a weekly basis in one-hour sessions to improve their literacy and/or numeracy skills. Sessions may occur within school hours or after school hours. This role is perfect for those who wish to gain more experience working in a variety of settings with a diverse group of children. While further developing a career path within education, this position focuses on community engagement.
Education support is required in the following locations and surrounding areas of Sydney:
- Beaumont Hills
- Rouse Hill
- Castle Hill
- surrounding suburbs.
- degree in Education and/or relevant qualifications and experience as a school learning support officer (final year students completing a degree may also be considered)
- high-level oral and written communication skills
- current Working with Children Check.
- knowledge of national curriculum
- ability to work during/after school hours
- an understanding of the impact of trauma, attachment dysfunction and grief and loss on the education of children.
Friday 28 May 2021, by 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria via the email below. Please clearly indicate the area for which you are applying.
For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0447 203 809
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.