Education Specialist - Blacktown
Wesley Dalmar – Family Preservation
- part-time position based in Blacktown (21 hours p/w)
- eligibility list will be developed for future positions
- opportunity to expand your skills
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Mission is seeking a part-time Education Specialist to join the Wesley Dalmar Family Preservation Team. The position offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to work with children and birth parents in Greater Western Sydney, to provide targeted support to vulnerable children and parents in their own homes and schools, to address literacy and numeracy issues, identify learning and skills gaps and developmental delays, and address issues around school disengagement.
- qualifications in Education
- previous experience providing education support to children
- flexible working hours including occasional evenings
- current unrestricted drivers licence
- ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- demonstrated ability to write reports to a professional standard
- experience in Out of Home Care or Child Protection
- previous experience providing support to children and families
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the SCHADS (Social Community Home Care and Disability Award) Level 6 with generous salary packaging opportunities + a vehicle allowance
Friday 20th September 2019, 5:00pm
Please find a copy of the Position Description here.
For an information package or for further information or information on salary and conditions of employment, please contact:
Phone: 0439 446 412
Written applications must address the above criteria and be sent via email to email@example.com
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.