Employment Broker - Illawarra/Shoalhaven region
Wesley Opportunity Pathways
- full-time positions
- based Wollongong, working across the Illawarra/Shoalhaven region
- attractive salary packaging provisions
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Opportunity Pathways aims to improve the employment outcomes of Social Housing Clients.
The objectives of Opportunity Pathways are to:
- assist participants to gain, retain or increase employment, by accessing supports and practical assistance, and by participating in activities, training and work opportunities; and
- encourage and support participants to positively exit social housing or Rent Choice subsidies to full housing independence, to reduce their reliance on government assistance, where appropriate.
The key intended outcomes are as follows:
- Economic: participants achieve and are engaged in employment in a field or industry identified in an agreed plan;
- Education and Skills: participants have improved skills through training or education and improved work readiness;
- Empowerment: participants increase their confidence, self-esteem and hope for the future;
- Social and Community: participants are role models for a working lifestyle to family and peers;
- Health: participants have improved physical and mental health, and sense of wellbeing; and
- Home: participants achieve housing independence, where appropriate
About the role
Wesley Opportunity Pathways is seeking a qualified and experienced Employment Broker to provide support to participants under our Opportunity Pathways program to achieve employment outcomes.
Employment Brokers will source opportunities within local labour markets that match client goals through a direct marketing approach. A range of marketing techniques will be utilised to promote clients to specific employers and stakeholders. This role will require you engage and work in tandem with our Employment Coaches, Program Manager, Wesley Allied Health and Training teams.
- tertiary qualifications or experience in Youth Work, Social Science, Human Services, Employment Services or equivalent Allied Health qualification
- sound experience in a sales and marketing environment
- ability to build and maintain strong employer relationships
- sound knowledge and understanding of local communities, industries and employment markets
- experience in working with culturally and linguistically diverse groups and individuals
- ability to strongly advocate for clients to employers
- demonstrated ability to meet set targets / KPI’s
- excellent written and oral skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- current driver’s licence and willingness to drive throughout the region
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and client management application
- understanding of environmental and social constraints and barriers faced by social housing clients
- understanding of support services associated with pre-vocational and vocational training programs
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.