Employment Consultant - Mid North Coast Region
Wesley Dalmar, Child & Family – ParentsNext
- part time position (2 days/week)
- based at our Mid North Coast Region offices
- attractive salary + salary packaging benefits
- work in a creative and supportive working environment
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
ParentsNext is a pre-employment program which aims to help parents with young children plan and prepare for employment once their youngest child reaches school age. It is delivered in two streams, an Intensive Stream and a Targeted Stream. The Intensive Stream operates in areas identified as having a high-level of disadvantage and/or high-proportion of Indigenous parents. The Targeted Stream operates in all non-remote regions excluding any Intensive Stream locations in those non-remote regions. ParentsNext is funded by Federal Department of Jobs and Small Business.
The objectives of ParentsNext are to:
- target early intervention assistance to parents at risk of long-term welfare dependency
- support parents to identify and reach their education and employment goals
- plan and prepare for employment through appropriate activities in accordance with the guidelines
- connect job seekers with contemporary, relevant, and accessible work opportunities
- support parents in sustaining initial stages of their employment
About the role
We are currently seeking people with the ability to:
- work from our ParentsNext regions providing a warm, respectful and welcoming experience for parents and children
- uphold privacy and confidentiality in all aspects of work and ensure that confidentiality is always adhered to with families and staff
- provide vocational guidance tailored to the participant’s goals and connect participants to the right opportunities, resources, places and specialist agencies
- create and maintain strong relationships with employment services and employers to identify job opportunities for parents
- administer the Job Seeker Classification Index (JSCI) tool, where required, and Work Readiness tool™ to assess the skills, capabilities and any non-vocational barriers for the participants
- working within the NSW Care and Protection Framework, actively screen for children at risk of harm and report appropriately.
- work within the NSW Principles guiding the protection of children impacted by domestic and family violence
You will be responsible for:
- monitoring and recording participant’s engagement and progress. This includes but is not limited to conducting follow up, seeking regular feedback on activities and referrals, updating plans as required, addressing participation issues as they arise, and managing and supporting participants with multiple and complex needs including non-vocational barriers
- updating and maintaining accurate, complete and timely records and referrals in relevant databases
- developing pathways and partnerships to continuously improve supported referrals, connections and sector capacity building within the local community and service system
- working within ParentsNext guidelines and practice principles to attain and sustain employment outcomes, educational outcomes and for parents to remain connected to the ParentsNext program
- working within an evidence informed practice to provide services to the target group
- achieving performance targets including employment, education and social connectedness
- relevant degree with relevant experience or associate diploma with substantial experience or qualifications in more than one discipline or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level or attained through previous appointments
- extensive experience in Job Services, and/or Disability Employment Services (and associated systems)
- experience working in Health and/or Community Case-Management
- demonstrated ability to engage families at the point of initial service contact, build relationships of trust and cooperation, problem solve and resolve conflict
- extensive child-protection knowledge and experience
- high-level written and verbal communication skills, with experience developing case summaries and completing child protection reports
- high-level ability to liaise, develop and maintain relationships with professional groups and businesses
- ability to work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) organisations and communities
- commitment to continuous improvement and WH&S Principles
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- flexibility to work some evenings and occasional Saturdays
- current NSW or National driver’s license
- be able to meet relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check
- demonstrated understanding and commitment to adhere to work in accordance with the values of Wesley Mission.
- strong computer literacy using MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- strong local, collaborative relationships in health and/or community
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010. Generous salary-packaging benefits apply.
Monday 23rd September 2019, by 5:00pm
Please find a copy of the Position Description here.
To be considered for this position applicants must submit:
- A short cover letter
- A written application detailing how you meet each of the Selection Criteria listed above
- A copy of your CV/resume
For further information, or to apply, please contact:
Jodi Steens - ParentsNext Team Leader Regional Sites
Phone: 0428 141 332
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.