Executive Manager People & Culture - Carlingford
Exciting new opportunity to lead a dynamic team
- Genuine opportunity to have a positive impact on the community
- Part of a strong, growing organisation
- Attractive salary packaging benefits, incentives, and ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Located in Carlingford
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian charity making a real difference in the community. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Manager People & Culture to lead our experienced Human Resources, Workplace Health & Safety and Learning & Development Teams as well as overseeing the implementation of Wesley Mission’s Wellbeing Framework.
If you are a professional human resources executive with a proven track record in large organisations operating in a highly regulated environment; this could be the role for you.
Our established People & Culture group is geared for growth, excited about partnering with our business units and taking Wesley Mission’s HR, WHS, Learning and Development and staff wellbeing to the next level.
Essential skills/knowledge include:
- Graduate qualifications in Human Resources, Psychology, Industrial Relations or similar, and/or equivalent work experience
- Significant management experience in Human Resources or related business discipline. Experience in the not-for profit sector preferred
- Experience in dealing with unions and multi-award frameworks essential
- Experience in building an organisation’s learning capability
- Experience in Workplace Health and Safety, workers compensation, injury management and return to work
- Experience gained in working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience in shaping and influencing organisational culture in a high-engagement, for-purpose environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to live out the values and Christian culture of Wesley Mission
- Experience in managing and guiding a wide cross section of internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- Proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrable skills in conflict resolution, change management and financial management
- Experience in managing a team and developing teams for superior performance
- Thorough attention to detailExcellent written and oral skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities
This is a fabulous opportunity to lead and inspire an experienced, creative and passionate team committed to our vision: ‘Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.’
How to apply
If you have what it takes to succeed in this role we would love to hear from you. Please email immediately your resume and cover letter responding to the Essential skills/knowledge outlined to Ken Patteson at;
Chifley Global Executive Search Group
(a division of the Brooklyn Institute)
0417 777 838
Applications close 5:00pm on Monday 28 September 2020.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.