Exercise Therapist - Ashfield
Wesley Hospital Ashfield
- permanent part-time position
- 38 bed private psychiatric hospital located at Ashfield, offering an extensive range of inpatient and day patient services
- friendly working environment with great opportunities
'Do all the good you can, by all the means you can…to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.’
Wesley Mission has a real mission – to change the lives of those in need. Wesley Hospital Ashfield has gained an excellent reputation in the private and public sector and is known for providing quality care and maintaining ethical values whilst operating as a commercial activity.
About the role
The exercise therapist contributes to the delivery of patient care by providing exercise therapy inpatients and outpatients. This role is an integral part of the multidisciplinary team working with allied health, nursing and medical teams within the hospital to develop safe and effective patient exercise programs.
- To develop and implement exercise groups and programs for all patients in Wesley Hospital Ashfield.
- To participate in the therapeutic team in the provision of exercise therapy and other groups as discussed.
- To ensure appropriate liaison with relevant departments within the hospital to facilitate the required treatment for our patients.
- tertiary degree in Human Movement and Exercise Therapy or Certificate 3 and 4 in Fitness
- minimum 2 years of experience post qualification
- ability to work independently in consultation with the multi-disciplinary team
- computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word computer applications
- current NSW driver’s license
- ability to work independently in consultation with a multi-disciplinary team
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- experience working within the mental health industry from a recovery-oriented, person-centred approach.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Wesley Hospitals Non-Nurses Enterprise Agreement.
Friday 22 January 2021, by 9am.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume with current referees and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Julia Rademeyer - Allied Health Manager, Wesley Hospital Ashfield
Phone: 9716 1400
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.