Fundraising Officer, Retention - Sydney CBD
- full-time position
- Sydney CBD, 1min from Town Hall
- leading charity organisation
- competitive salary package
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted charitable Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. This is an exciting time to join an organisation and team that are poised for new growth and fresh vision in our Fundraising and Partnerships area. Due to new direction with a focus on higher level strategy & income generation, we are aligning our Fundraising & Partnerships requirements to meet our growing needs.
About the Role
This role reports to the Donor Acquisition and Retention Manager and is part of a team that is responsible for increasing support for Wesley Mission in the community.
The Fundraising Officer, Retention role is the primary driver and champion for the Fundraising teams’ donor retention efforts and is responsible for increasing the number of regular donors and growing their level of financial support.
Operating within the overall Fundraising Strategy, this role has responsibility to create, analyse and maximise existing retention campaigns/appeals, as well as propose and create new initiatives that will increase donor retention, regular giving supporters and donation amounts.
Using analysis, research and the latest industry trends, the role is a driver for continual improvement in retention.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving improvement of retention results, proactively addressing challenges and creating adjustments/alternative solutions as required when campaign performance is not meeting targets
- creating donor retention and donor reactivation strategies to address these issues
- coordinate with the Fundraising Officer, Campaigns all campaign briefs and coordinate campaigns for donor retention, upgrades, conversion
- creating and conducting cash and lapsed donor reactivation strategies
- conducting major and minor cash appeals
- checking quality of information against donor records to maintain data integrity – checking when credit card is due to expire, make contact through their preferred means of communication and update records
- providing leadership in the mapping and improvement of the donor journey in relation to retention – what is the journey like, at what point would they be contacted for becoming a regular donor
- conducting reactivation through downgrades and upgrades
- reviewing previous surveys, analysis and report that all correspondence is hitting the mark with what donors /supporters wants/interests
- undertaking ownership of survey content
- coordinating content of newsletters – collaborating with marketing team & stories captured ensure stories are relevant and addressing different regional areas and interests
- managing work and campaigns with outsourced agency relating to donor retention, addressing and resolving issues quickly and early, ensuring campaign ROIs and performance are on track.
- coordinating with the Fundraising Officer, Campaigns all campaign briefs, coordinate data, creative/scripts with external agencies to ensure the smooth running of upgrades, reactivation, declines and conversion campaigns
- demonstrated experience analysing, creating and implementing retention strategies, campaigns and initiatives
- demonstrated experience creating a track record of successful retention performance that link regular donors to all other aspects of fundraising activities
- experience working in large diverse charity with internal and external stakeholders responsible for data analytics and improving key metrics
- experience in campaign analysis, including identifying and analysing potential new sources of regular donors and campaign performance
- demonstrated experience successfully engaging/getting buy-in with multiple internal/external stakeholders and establishing strong relationships
- experience creating campaign briefs under time pressure and managing competing demands to ensure campaign timelines are met
- demonstrated experience analysing and mapping out donor journeys and implementing strategies resulting in increased retention rates and upgrades
- outstanding interpersonal skills, flexible, patient and ability to relate well to all levels of society that Wesley Mission interacts with
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- experience in using a CRM system and data analysis, evaluation and reporting skills
- unshakable drive and motivation to succeed
- target focused on personal and team results
- excellent time management, multi-tasking and follow-up skills
- budget management experience
- NSW drivers licence
- FIA/Fundraising qualifications and/or Direct Marketing/ADMA qualifications
Applications close Wednesday 23 January 2019 by close of business
We would love to hear from applicants who embody the attributes and skills required to make this role a success. Please email your resume and cover letter addressing the key criteria and outlining your suitability to: [email protected]
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to a position within Wesley Mission.