Garden Maintenance Labourer - Newcastle Region
Wesley Property Maintenance
- part-time positions available
- based in Wallsend
- lawn & garden maintenance
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the program
Wesley Property Services (WPS) provides employment and vocational development services for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
WPS operates a number of garden maintenance & cleaning crews across Sydney, Blue Mountains, Illawarra, Central Coast & Newcastle. We currently have a vacancy for a person to work as a Garden Maintenance Labourer based in Newcastle.
About the role
Work as part of a garden maintenance crew undertaking lawn and garden maintenance at various sites including aged care facilities, hospitals and Government Housing.
The successful applicant will:
- have demonstrated experience undertaking lawn and garden maintenance tasks
- be able to travel to various job sites to undertake their work
- understand safe work practices
- work to set timeframes to complete jobs in a timely and efficient manner.
- fit and able to work outdoors
- good communication skills
- must deliver a high quality of work
- ability to work to strict timeframes
- neat and tidy appearance
- White Card or a willingness to obtain
- ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- a current Class C (minimum) NSW driver’s licence
- Senior First Aid Certificate.
Conditions of employment are in line with the Supported Employment Services Award – Grade 3.
Friday 18 September 2020, by 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Shane Green, Property Maintenance Coordinator, Wesley Property Maintenance
Applications that do not address the selection criteria may be over looked.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and a Criminal History Record check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.