General Manager, People & Communications - Sydney CBD
- full- time position based in the Sydney CBD
- use your skills and experience to help those most in need
- strong focus on organisational culture and mission alignment
- remit covers Brand, Media, Staff Communication, Advocacy, Human Resources, Learning & Development, Work Health & Safety
Wesley Mission is a high profile Christian organisation changing lives and changing our community. We work with the most disadvantaged, providing over 100 services including homeless services, mental health and suicide prevention, child and family care, aged care, financial and gambling counselling, and disability services. Wesley Mission is continually expanding in size, scope and coverage, with 2,400 staff and an annual revenue of $230 million.
About the role
The General Manager People and Communication is instrumental to the success of our mission of “Continuing the work of Jesus Christ in Word and deed”. To achieve this mission, we are seeking a candidate who can create and shape a workforce passionate to “do all the good” they can “because every life matters”. The candidate must be able to communicate key messages relating to this mission, in an inspirational and engaging way, to our staff and to the world around us. The candidate must be able to uphold our mission, vision and values, on a personal level, in supporting our staff, and in championing to government and community the needs of the most disadvantaged.
The General Manager, People & Communications is resourced for these critical functions through leadership of key teams that include Human Resource Operations, Learning & Development, Work Health & Safety, and Marketing. The annual budget for these teams totals around $6.5m per annum. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the role has high visibility within the organisation and is a member of the CEO’s Management Committee.
- demonstrated leadership experience in human resources, learning, advocacy, strategic relationships, marketing or communication related fields
- proven ability to shape and/or enhance organisational culture
- proven ability to communicate effectively within faith based environments
- proven ability to develop the skills and capabilities of staff
- excellent personal communication skills both oral and written
- degree level qualifications in a related business discipline and/or equivalent work experience
Commensurate with experience, plus salary packaging and a fully maintained motor vehicle (or allowance).
Friday 18 October 2019, by 5:00pm
Please find a copy of the Position Description below. Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the essential criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0419 229 307
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and adhere to our Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.