Group Manager - Hunter Region
Wesley Employment and Training
- full-time position
- based in Hunter region
- competitive salary package including company vehicle
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counseling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Employment Services support participants to gain, retain or increase employment.
- Wesley Disability Employment Services: Operating a five-star rated service in the Lower Hunter region since 2010. Helping people with a disability, injury or health condition to access education, employment and non-vocational support.
- Opportunity Pathways Program: Aims to improve the employment outcomes of Social Housing Clients by accessing supports and practical assistance, training and work opportunities to positively exit social housing or Rent Choice subsidies to full housing independence.
The key intended outcomes are as follows:
- Economic: participants achieve and are engaged in employment in a field or industry identified in an agreed plan
- Education and Skills: participants have improved skills through training or education and improved work readiness
- Empowerment: participants improve their confidence, increased self-esteem and hope for the future
- Social and Community: participants are role models for a working lifestyle to family and peers
- Health: participants have improved physical & mental health and wellbeing
- Home: participants achieve housing independence, where appropriate
About the role
Wesley Employment and Training services is seeking a qualified and experienced Group Manager to manage a state wide Employment Services team delivering programs across our Disability Employment Services (DES) and Opportunity Pathways program across Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Central Coast, Hunter and Mid North Coast regions.
To succeed in this role you must have extensive management experience - preferably in the Employment Services sector, excellent communication skills, demonstrated business acumen and the ability to inspire and motivate your team to meet significant organisational and financial targets.
You will have a reputation for empowering your teams, delivering quality outcomes and managing complex situations effectively. You will be highly respected by your customers for under selling and over delivering and your passion and “can do” attitude will be contagious.
- demonstrated business acumen and business development skills
- demonstrated management experience within an employment, education or training environment
- demonstrated experience in program development including engaging and empowering members of disadvantaged communities
- demonstrated understanding of local communities, industries and employment markets
- demonstrated experience in setting and achieving financial and organisational targets in a competitive environment
- demonstrated ability to provide strong leadership which empowers your team to succeed
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- proficient computer skills including Microsoft and Client Management application
- relevant tertiary qualifications
- not-for-profit or cause-related management experience
The successful applicants will be rewarded with a competitive package including company vehicle, salary packaging and professional development & career opportunities.
As an employer who understands the importance of work/life balance, you can be based in the closest Wesley office to your home. We offer flexible working hours to accommodate study or family priorities.
Friday 24 May 2019, by 12pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.