Head Chef – Immediate Start!
- permanent full-time position
- based across 3 kitchens (Arcadia, Carlingford, Sylvania)
- attractive salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Catering caters for school camps through to corporate AGM’s, staff meetings and our retirement villages. The successful applicant will be working across the Wesley Vision Valley (Arcadia) and Alan Walker Village, (Carlingford) and Frank Vickery Village (Sylvania) kitchens, as well as other locations within the Sydney area as required. You should be available to work day, evening, weekends and public holidays as required.
The role will be very hands-on, in a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking to meet tight deadlines without compromising on quality. You will need a firm grasp on core techniques and a keen interest in current food trends, but most importantly have a genuine passion for food and a great attitude. You will have oversight of the operation of our 3 kitchens, including - but not limited to - menu planning, food ordering, staff rostering, and carrying the culture of the organisation.
- trade qualification with previous experience in a similar roll
- experience managing and motivating other chefs and catering operations
- experience maintaining a positive culture within a catering team
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and deed ministry
- ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative leadership style
- relates well to a range of people with sound listening and problem solving skills
- confident professional with strong initiative and business acumen
- displays emotional maturity and resilience
- firm understanding of HACCP & food safety regulation
- proven experience in staff supervision & leadership
- experience in menu planning, food ordering and kitchen audits
- exceptional time management skills
- well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- own transport (min. green P’s)
- current Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain) if successful & First Aid Certificate
- non for profit related work experience
Monday 28 October 2019, by 5pm.
Please apply now as applications will be evaluated as they are received
To be considered for an interview, please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.