Head of Hospitals - Ashfield & Kogarah
- full-time position (38 hours/week)
- based in Ashfield, Inner West Sydney, with frequent travel to Kogarah
- professional, caring and friendly team environment
- salary packaging available + fully maintained vehicle
'Do all the good you can, by all the means you can…to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.’
Wesley Mission has a real mission – to change the lives of those in need. Wesley Hospital Ashfield has gained an excellent reputation in the private and public sector and is known for providing quality care and maintaining ethical values whilst operating as a commercial activity.
About the Hospitals
Our Hospitals (38-beds at Ashfield and 30-beds at Kogarah) are private psychiatric facilities that treat mood disorders and drug and alcohol addictions.
We believe in providing every opportunity for people to live happy and fulfilled lives. We are committed to finding innovative and flexible ways to provide quality treatment programs and support for people to ensure positive outcomes for patients, families and carers.
About the role
We are looking for a confident, compassionate and experienced professional who will create high-performing teams and positively drive growth within both our hospitals.
The Head of Hospitals will be responsible for ensuring that the delivery of residential and day programme mental health services meets the expectations of our patients and other stakeholders through a model of patient-centric care. This will be achieved through leading a focus on embedding a culture within the hospital teams that reflects the vision and values of Wesley Mission.
- current registration in an appropriate clinical discipline with AHPRA
- tertiary qualification in business and/or management
- thorough understanding of the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards
- demonstrated understanding of the NSW Mental Health Act 2007 and Regulation 2019
- experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution, change management and financial management
- experience in managing and developing a team for superior performance
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- outstanding interpersonal skills, flexible, patient and ability to relate well to all levels of society with which Wesley Mission interacts
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- not-for-profit or cause-related management experience
- an appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not-for-profit environment.
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- access to a free personal and professional support program
- access to discounted Bupa health insurance
- educational assistance scheme for eligible staff
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging - sacrifice up to $15,900 of your yearly income.
Friday 12 March 2021, by 5 pm.
If you are interested in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.