Hospitality Service Attendants - Arcadia
Wesley Vision Valley Conference and Recreation Centre
- 15 casual positions available
- based in Arcadia, NSW
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Wesley Vision Valley provides recreational camping and conference experiences for children, young people and adults, including camps which support the disadvantaged in our community.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Vision Valley is located in Arcadia, 1 hour North West of Sydney CBD. We have high seasonal requirements from September and some natural attrition means we seek to recruit 15 casual Hospitality Service Attendants.
This position is in our commercial kitchen and involves all aspects from safe food storage, food preparation and service through to cleaning the kitchen and dining area post food service. The role ensures the functions of the Hospitality Services Department, operating safely, providing high quality fresh cooked food and excellent customer experiences. Ensure all activities are carried out in a professional, safe and thorough manner.
This position requires a willingness to work as a team and provide great customer service to a wide range of ages and backgrounds. The hours vary and people are required to be willing to work 2 to 3 shifts as a minimum per week on a rotating basis.
- willingness to attend an assessment half day (date to be set, in late August)
- willingness to attend training
- exceptional customer service skills
- outstanding communication skills
- ability to establish and maintain good relationships
- ability to work as part of a team as well as the ability to work alone and take initiative
- demonstrated understanding of WH&S
- experience in a commercial kitchen
- First Aid training (Senior or equivalent)
- experience working in the camping industry and/or within a Church based context
- knowledge of event scheduling software e.g. Ungerboeck Software
Please email a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the essential selection criteria along with the following questions:
- Are you able to work at our Arcadia location which 17 kilometres from the nearest railway station?
- Do you have a valid and legal right to work in Australia (are you an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid visa)?
- Are you able to work at our Arcadia location, which 17 kilometres from the nearest railway station?
- Are you willing to work a minimum of 5 shifts per fortnight?
- Are you willing to install a rostering app on your phone and use that for shift allocation?Are you willing for some shifts to be weekend and afternoon shifts?
- In 2 brief sentences please tell me about your customer service experience?
- In 2 brief sentences please tell me why this position appeals to you?
- In 2 brief sentences please tell me about any experience or qualifications you have for this position?
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.