House Manager ITC-SD - Carlingford
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- permanent full-time positions available
- based in Carlingford
- immediate start
- newly formulated position, opportunity for you to build a new service
We are seeking passionate, dedicated and experienced House Managers to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a new program and to make a difference in the lives of children and young people. You will be part of one of the NSW largest non-for-profit social purpose organisations where you will have ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
The Intensive Therapeutic Care – Significant Disability (ITC-SD) service provides therapeutic care to children and young people who have been diagnosed with a significant disability in statutory Out of Home Care. This program has a strong focus on facilitating and supporting young people with their journey to recovery from trauma, with a team-based approach to providing individualised, person-centred care.
About the role
As House Manager ITC-SD you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality services, care and support that promotes the emotional, social and behavioural needs of vulnerable young people within Intensive Therapeutic Care. This position works within a trauma-informed therapeutic framework and is responsible for the leadership, supervision, support and development of the ITC staff.
You will be working closely with the Therapeutic Specialist, Caseworker and other ITC staff to assist young people to heal from trauma and achieve their full potential.
- current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse Division 1
- minimum of 3 years' experience successfully managing teams and individuals using contemporary approaches
- demonstrated skills and experience in program management, service development and review and experience in delivering positive outcomes for young people and families
- demonstrated ability to build positive relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- demonstrated experience in working with young people with complex care needs
- demonstrated ability to manage crisis situations and make sound decisions under pressure
- commitment to working respectfully with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse clients, communities and staff
- commitment to WHS, risk management and quality improvement practices
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution, change management and financial management
- experience in managing a team and developing team for superior performance
- thorough attention to detail and follow through, including meeting QRC and reporting requirements
- excellent written and oral skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- outstanding interpersonal skills; flexible, patient with the ability to relate well to all levels of society
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Nurses Award 2010.
Generous Salary packaging is provided to the successful applicant, including the NFP Salary Sacrifice.
Friday 10 April 2020, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria.
For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.