In home Support Workers - Various Locations
Wesley Home & Residential Care
- part time and casual positions available
- various locations around Western & Northern Sydney
- flexible hours: weekdays, evenings and weekend shifts available
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Home Care and Disability Services assists frail aged people and those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching supports in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs. Multiple positions are available to deliver in home services to both frail aged people and people with a disability in the following areas.
- certificate III in Individual Support Aged Care or Disability Care, or willingness to obtain
- previous experience working with either frail aged people, younger people with disabilities or people with dementia and complex needs
- experience with providing personal care and monitoring clients
- communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- own a comprehensively insured & registered motor vehicle and Current NSW Drivers licence
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010 as Home Care Worker Grade 3.
Kilometre and travel time allowance, uniform allowance, paid training and meeting time.
Salary packaging opportunities available for permanent staff.
Monday 25 February 2019
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria, using the subject line Support Worker to: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.