In-Shift Support Supervisor - Sydney CBD
Lifeline Sydney & Sutherland
- part-time fixed term position for 6 months (20 hours per week)
- based in Sydney CBD
- make a real difference in saving lives
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Do you care for people who are vulnerable and hurting?
Do you have the skills to support the Volunteers who are caring for people who answer the call that come into Lifeline’s Crisis Line?
Wesley Mission has long been a leader in the suicide prevention field, establishing the first Lifeline centre in 1963. The role is about providing support to the Lifeline Crisis Supporters, as well as helping them answer calls on the National Crisis Phoneline. The role has 2 main functions:
1. In-Shift Supervisor whose duties include:
- providing support for the Crisis Supporters
- managing police involvement for any call with safety issues
- offering initial debriefing for Crisis Supporters following difficult calls or calls with imminent safety issues
- providing feedback to Crisis Supporters about policy, procedure and practice issues
2. being rostered on to take incoming Lifeline calls at hard to fill times, as well as providing Student Mentorship and Call Coaching.
- experienced crisis supporter
- experienced in-shift supporter
- be available to work some evenings and weekends
- experience in working in a busy administration office with non-routine workflows
- high level computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office
- student Mentor training and experience
- call coaching training and experience
Competitive salary and superannuation package, plus generous salary packaging benefits.
Tuesday 26 March 2019, by 5pm
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: (02) 9522 7807
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian Organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.