Midwife/Child and Family Health Nurse/Mothercraft Nurse (Perinatal Mental Health) - Liverpool
Mums & Kids Matter
- casual positions available with opportunities to go part-time permanent
- based in Liverpool, NSW
- child and family focused
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Mums & Kids Matter is a program at Wesley Mission that supports mothers living with mental illness.
The program is underpinned by promotion of attachment and parenting skills for mothers living with mental illness and prevention of relationship rupture caused by parental mental illness.
About the role
Wesley Mission is looking for registered and skilled in child and family health nurses/midwifes to work as part of a multidisciplinary team within our 24-hour residential service. The role is centered on physical and emotional assessments on mother and child, coaching mums with sleeping, settling and feeding skills.
Consideration will be given to a versatile, adaptable and experienced Registered Nurse with interest in moving to Child and Family Health Nursing. The ability or strong interest to coach mothers with sleep, feeding and settling is an added advantage.
The role is hands on, parenting and mother craft coaching for moms parenting children 0-5years.
- experience and/or interest in children and family health
- community child and family health experience
- knowledge of child protection issues and mandatory reporting
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Registered Nurse in NSW (AHPRA) with no notations or restrictions (Mothercraft nurses welcome to apply)
- operate as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- knowledge and commitment to working in a person/family-centred, recovery-oriented approach
- able to affirm and work in accordance with Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- computer literacy and ability to use computerised database (training will be provided)
- must hold a current unrestricted NSW driver’s license
- must be available to work shifts across a 24/7 roster, including nights
- case-management experience
- knowledge of attachment theory
- knowledge of circle of security
- perinatal mental health nursing experience
- experience with child developmental assessments
- experience with teaching parenting skills
- experience working with families (including children 0-5)
- able to maintain professional competency standards of child and family nursing practice
- knowledge of current family and child-health evidence-based practices and policies
- specialised knowledge of healthy childcare development and behaviour
The salary range for this position is in accordance with the Nurses Award (2010) Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5% with access to a variety of salary sacrifice options.
Please submit your application addressing all of the selection criteria with your resume to Miriam Mangeya or Patricia Kralj:
Phone: (02) 9608 9629/0407 946 347
Phone: (02) 9608 9629
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.