Maintenance Coordinator - Ermington
Wesley Property Maintenance
- full-time position
- based in Ermington
- coordination of property maintenance services
- reporting and administrative requirements
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the program
Wesley Property Maintenance (WPM) provides employment and vocational development services for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
WPM operates a number of grounds maintenance & cleaning crews across Sydney, Blue Mountains, Illawarra, Central Coast & Newcastle and ACT.
About the role
As a Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring works are scheduled and carried out to a required standard of quality and within specified timeframes, in order to achieve the requirements of our customers, and to achieve our internal KPIs. You will undertake high-level administrative tasks as they relate to the servicing of our customers and support the provision of accurate reports through detailed record-keeping. At times, you may be required to be hands-on to ensure capacity is reached and work is completed on time and within scope.
The successful applicant will:
- coordinate resources to ensure all work is scheduled to meet the requirements of our customers
- liaise with customers regarding issues of scheduling and quality
- maintain records of works scheduled and completed
- ensure a high quality of work is achieved by the mobile crews you coordinate.
- experience coordinating multiple crews at multiple sites
- experience in contract administration functions
- have a current driver’s licence
- be able to undertake day travel out of the Sydney area
- have a First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain within the first 3 months
- have a Certificate III in Disability or willingness to obtain within the first 12 months
- have a White Card or willingness to obtain before commencement
- have experience working with people with a disability
- experience in property maintenance services
- experience in the operation of gardening and cleaning equipment
- good computer literacy
- have a sound and comprehensive understanding of property maintenance
- demonstrated and understanding of working with service related legislation, standards and practice
- experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- demonstrable skills in conflict resolution, change management and financial management
- experience in managing a team and developing team for superior performance
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral skills, public speaking and presentation capabilities
- outstanding interpersonal skills; flexible, patient and ability to relate well to all the levels of society with which Wesley Mission interacts
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- qualifications in a property maintenance discipline i.e. Horticulture, Asset Management
- not-for-profit or cause-related management experience
- an appreciation of the challenges involved in managing a diverse workforce within a not-for-profit environment.
Tuesday 20 April 2021, by 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing ALL the selection criteria. Applications not addressing the selection criteria may be over looked.
Please submit your application to:
Matthew Hilder - Manager HMMS & Property Maintenance, Wesley Employment Services
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and a Criminal History Record Check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.