Maintenance Supervisor | Aged Care - Carlingford
- full-time position, Monday – Friday
- competitive remuneration and salary packaging benefits; reduce your tax and increase your take home pay
- growth and development opportunities
About Wesley Mission
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from disability, aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the role
Wesley Rayward has 74 luxury rooms, with beautifully landscaped gardens, in the quiet leafy suburb of Carlingford.
An opportunity is available for a skilled and reliable Maintenance Officer to join the team on a full-time basis. Previous handyperson experience in a similar setting will be highly regarded.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- repair machines, equipment, or structures as necessary, in a cost-effective and timely manner
- maintain the home environment to present it at its best always, both internally and externally
- conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment
- perform preventative and corrective maintenance duties
- oversee contractors as required.
- maintenance/handyperson skills
- knowledge of occupational work health and safety
- ability to collaborate and work effectively in teams
- excellent communication skills
- experience providing high levels of customer service
- ability to work autonomously and manage own time.
You will be able to access a range of benefits, including:
- discounted private health insurance
- discounted home loan offers
- training opportunities
- study assistance program (including reimbursement of tuition fees and access to study leave)
- employee referral scheme (be gifted when you refer someone you know to work at Wesley Mission)
- Employee Assistance Program (access to independent counselling and support services.
5 pm, Wednesday 27 January 2021.
Please submit by email a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria to the Centre Manager, Edwina Vale.
For further information or copy of the position description please contact:
Ph: 0436 348 228
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.