Maintenance Worker - Sutherland
Wesley Community Services
- part-time position 13 hours per week
- based in Sutherland
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Situated in the heart of the Sutherland Shire, Frank Vickery Village is an independent living retirement village surrounded by acres of beautifully manicured grounds.
With over 230 residents on almost six hectares our maintenance and gardening team are kept busy. Wesley Mission is seeking an individual to support the existing team 13 hours per week.
The person we are looking for will possess:
- Willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and Deed Ministry
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- confident professional with strong initiative and ‘can do’ attitude
- emotional maturity and resilience
- proven skills in waste management and/or maintenance
- high level of safety awareness
- proven organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and work to a schedule
- outstanding interpersonal skills, flexible, patient and ability to relate well to all levels of society that Wesley Mission interacts with
- current First Aid Certificate
- experience in garden maintenance
- Not for Profit or related experience
Friday 18 January 2019
If you are passionate about working cooperatively with a committed team and care deeply about our residents and their needs, all within a Christian environment, we would love to hear from you. To apply email a brief cover letter addressing the criteria to: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.