Manager - Central Services and Human Resources
Wesley Brighter Futures
- full-time permanent position
- based in Blacktown – working in the Cumberland, Blacktown and Nepean areas
- salary + car allowance + super + salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission has a real mission: to reach out to a community with real needs. Through witness, work and with the help of supporters we can turn lives around for good. As part of Wesley’s Community and Family Care group, the Brighter Futures program funded by NSW Family and Community Services provides voluntary child focused targeted support to vulnerable families with children aged 0-8 years to prevent them from escalating into the child protection system.
About the role
As a member of the Wesley Brighter Futures Leadership Team, the purpose of the role is to provide a range of internal and external systems co-ordination including Human Resource Management.
The successful applicant will work in partnership with our service delivery teams on a wide range of strategic and operational activities to achieve organisational goals.
This is a dynamic and challenging opportunity for an experienced professional to join a committed team well respected in the sector.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff as well as range of opportunities for professional development and staff benefits. This is a child-related position and preferred applicants will be required to undergo a working with children’s check and criminal record history check.
- tertiary qualifications in business, HR or a related discipline
- working knowledge of recruitment and selection systems and processes
- partnership management or project management experience
- understanding of the application of Policy and Procedures and development of Work Instructions
- experience in a similar role
- excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- experience with databases and online systems
- good written and interpersonal communication skills including a capacity to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- excellent time-management skills including the ability to balance competing priorities and meet strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- ability to exercise discretion/confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- current NSW driver's licence
- experience working in a not for profit / for purpose organisation
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, Level 7, with capacity for salary packaging and the provision of a fully maintained motor vehicle available for private use. Superannuation is paid in addition at 9.5%.
Friday 26th July 2019, by 5pm
Please submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, your resume with current referees and an Application for Employment Form to: BrighterFuturesRecruitment@wesleymission.org.au
All applications must address all essential criteria. If this is not done the application will not be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.