Medical Secretary - Ashfield
Wesley Mission Consulting Rooms & Hospitals
- casual position
- based in Ashfield with occasional shifts in Kogarah
Wesley Mission has delivered high quality mental health care to people in need for more than half a century. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
We operate two private hospitals: Wesley Hospital Ashfield and Wesley Hospital Kogarah.
Wesley Ashfield Consulting Rooms provide psychiatrists and psychologists with rooms and administrative support for sessional consultations with clients. While the Consulting Rooms operate independently from the adjoining Hospital, some clients may be admitted to the Hospital for inpatient treatment programs to assist in their recovery and return to the community, while others may attend ongoing Hospital day patient programs.
About the role
We are seeking a Medical Secretary to provide casual secretarial support to psychiatrists, psychologists and other allied health professionals who see clients in the Consulting rooms and also to provide reception and administrative support in our hospitals. Duties include managing doctors’ appointment calendars, processing of billing and payments, maintenance of patient records and general reception duties.
The position requires a professional attitude, strong organisational skills and experience, ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously in both busy medical practices and hospital environments.
The role will be based at Ashfield with the possibility of occasional shifts at Kogarah.
- experienced in consulting rooms practice management systems e.g. Medical Director, Blue Chip
- experienced in reception duties and patient administration systems
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft Office applications
- able to multi-task and prioritise in a busy environment
- self-motivated with ability to work effectively both in a team and with minimal supervision
- demonstrated customer service skills
- previous administrative experience
- previous accounts or bookkeeping experience
- flexibility to cover staff leave and shifts at short notice
In accordance with the Wesley Mission Hospitals and HSU – NSW Enterprise Agreement.
Friday 25 October 2019, by 5pm.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume and must address the selection criteria. Please forward your application to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.